Check Your State Board CPA Licensing Requirements
Virginia CPA CPE
Please note: The CPE Information provided in this section relates to CPAs only.
[Return to state selection]
Yes, MasterCPE courses are accepted as interactive self-study courses.
30th of assigned month annually
1/1 to 12/31 over a three-year rolling period
120 hours, with a minimum of 20 hours each year; 120 hours are prorated for CPAs working in private industry until the reporting period ending 2011
2 hours per year, relating to standards of conduct, Code of Virginia statutes relating to public accountancy and Board’s regulations. Our ethics course is approved by the state board and fulfills this requirement.
- The maximum credit for instructors is 30 hours every 3 years, without any repetitions. A CPE certificate holder who instructs courses that qualify for CPE credit for participants will be awarded two additional CPE credits for each CPE credit of instruction.
- Credit for authorship/published materials is granted on a case-by-case basis.
- Half credits are allowed after the first hour.
- University or college courses: One semester hour equals 15 CPE hours; one quarter hour equals 10 CPE hours.
- Self-study is allowed full credit if interactive; 1/2 credit otherwise.
Virginia Board of Accountancy
9960 Mayland Drive
Henrico, VA 23233