Check Your State Board CPA Licensing Requirements
Vermont CPA CPE
Please note: The CPE Information provided in this section relates to CPAs only.
[Return to state selection]
7/31 on odd-numbered years
8/1 to 7/31 biennially ending on odd-numbered years
80 hours. The Board strongly recommends that licensees earn a minimum of 40 hours each year in order to meet the 80 hour requirement.
4 hours. The Ethics for Accountants course fulfills this requirement.
8 hours in accounting and auditing
- Maximum credit is 64 hours or 80% in the combination of self study, instructor/discussion leader and published articles/books.
- Authorship credits are limited to 25% of total hours.
- Instructor credits are limited to 50% of total hours and no repeat credits allowed without substantial changes to materials.
- Credit only given for whole hours defined as at least 50 minutes.
- Initial licensees, not by endorsement, that are licensed for less than two full years can use no more than 32 hours of continuing professional education in a combination of self study, instructor/discussion leader and published articles/books.
- University or college courses: One semester hour equals 15 CPE hours; One quarter hour equals 10 CPE hours.
- Portions devoted to firm administrative, financial and operating matters generally will not qualify.
Vermont Board of Public Accountancy
Office of Professional Regulation
National Life Bldg, North, FL 2
Montpelier, VT 05620-3402