Check Your State Board CPA Licensing Requirements
Rhode Island CPA CPE
Please note: The CPE Information provided in this section relates to CPAs only.
[Return to state selection]
6/30 (Renewals are based on fiscal year ending 6/30 by last name A-E, F-M & N-Z triennially. F-M renewed 6/30/10. Renewal application is due by 2/15 to give Board time to process by 6/30, but actual license terms are 7/1-6/30 triennially.)
Triennial from 1/1 to 12/31
Beginning with the 3-year reporting period ending December 31, 2007, 6 hours in subjects devoted to professional ethics every three years: Subjects devoted to professional ethics will include programs devoted to the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct, including opinions issued there under, as well as programs relating to the legal, professional or ethical codes of any authoritative organization or accounting professional specialty organization.
24 hours in Accounting and Auditing
- Personal Development and Marketing courses are limited to 24 credits per reporting period. This includes the following subject areas: Business Management and Organization, Communications, Marketing, Personnel/HR, and Personal Development.
- The maximum credit for instructors, speakers or discussion leaders is 60 hours over 3 years.
- Practice or personal development and management skills are limited to 24 hours over 3 years.
- Authorship credits are limited to 60 hours over 3 years.
- Self study credits must be QAS approved or interactive and are limited to 80 hours each 3 years.
- Partial Credits are accepted.
Rhode Island Board of Accountancy
1511 Pontiac Ave., 68-1
Cranston, RI 02920