MasterCPE Online CPA CPE Courses
Check Your State Board CPA Licensing Requirements
Puerto Rico CPA CPE
Please note: The CPE Information provided in this section relates to CPAs only.
[Return to state selection]
Yes, Puerto Rico requires NASBA approved courses and MasterCPE is an NASBA sponsored provider.
8/1 to 7/31 triennially
120 hours; 90 hours if CPA is not practicing
3 hours of professional ethics for active and active industry licensees.
40 hours in technical subjects: Accounting, Auditing, Governmental Accounting, Governmental Auditing, Tax, including 12 hours that must be accounting and auditing (active only); 30 hours in industry specific subjects (active industry only)
- Credit for authoring published materials is limited to 60% of the total requirement
- Only instruction of college courses higher than the basic level may qualify for credit.
- No more than 40 hours may be reported in behavioral subjects: Effective speaking, Employee supervision, Human Resources, Leadership and motivation, Management by objectives, Speed reading, Time management
- No more than 24 hours may be reported in Communications, Personal Development and Specialized Knowledge & Applications.
- Self-study credits are limited to 60% of total requirements.
- Half credits are not accepted for course total. Half credits for individual subject areas will be accepted if the total for the course is equal to a whole number.
Program sponsors must be members of NASBA’s Registry or fall into one of the following categories for automatic approval: School of Certified Public Accountants of Puerto Rico, Organization specifically authorized on a request basis by the Puerto Rico Board of Accountancy, or the AICPA. Credit may be obtained for the supervision of thesis and seminar-type graduate courses if the work contributes to the CPA’s professional competence.
Puerto Rico Board of Accountancy
Old San Juan Station
San Juan, PR 00902-3271