Check Your State Board CPA Licensing Requirements
Oregon CPA CPE
Please note: The CPE Information provided in this section relates to CPAs only.
[Return to state selection]
Yes. Oregon requires self-study courses be approved by QAS, and MasterCPE is a QAS sponsor #112530.
For an odd-numbered license - 6/30 of odd years; for an even-numbered license - 6/30 of even years.
7/1 to 6/30 biennially ending on even-numbered years for even license numbers and odd-numbered years for odd license numbers
80 every 2 years, with a minimum of 24 in any year
MasterCPE does have an approved OR ethics course. 4 credits every 2 years. Hours earned in professional conduct and ethics are included in the 80 hour requirement for each renewal period. CPE programs in professional conduct and ethics shall qualify for CPE credit under this section if such programs are offered by a sponsor registered with the Board and include information pertaining to each of the following topics:
- Oregon Administrative Rules and Oregon Revised Statutes pertaining to the practice of public accountancy.
- Examples of issues or situations that require a licensee to understand the statutes, rules and case law relevant to the practice of public accountancy;
- The Code of Professional Conduct adopted by the Board and set forth in OAR chapter 801, division 030.
- Review of recent case law pertaining to ethics and professional responsibilities for the accounting profession.
See the following page: Oregon CPE Requirements
- Qualifying programs must be a formal program of learning that contributes directly to the professional competence of the licensee.
- Programs qualify for CPE credit if they are offered by a board registered sponsor.
- Oregon requires self-study courses to be from providers that are members of NASBA’s Quality Assurance Service (QAS).
- CPE Credit for State Legislative Joint Ways and Means Committee Members – Licensees who serve as members of the Oregon Joint Ways and Means Legislative Committee shall be allowed up to 16 hours of the total CPE requirement for the renewal period.
- Licensees who review reports for the GFOA Certificate of Achievement program shall be allowed up to 16 hours of the total CPE requirement for the renewal period.
Oregon Board of Accountancy
3218 Pringle Road, S.E. #110
Salem, OR 97302-6307