Check Your State Board CPA Licensing Requirements
Kansas CPA CPE
Please note: The CPE Information provided in this section relates to CPAs only.
[Return to state selection]
Yes. MasterCPE is a NASBA provider. Sponsor number: 112530
6/30 biennially; even certificate number = even years; odd certificate number = odd years.
7/1 to 6/30 biennially; even certificate number = even years; odd certificate number = odd years.
80, with a minimum of 20 hours per year.
2 hours in professional ethics relating to the practice of public accountancy. The ‘Ethics for Accountants’ course fulfills this requirement. Extra ethics credits may be carried forward to the next reporting period, but can not be used to fulfill the ethics requirement for that period.
- Authorship credits are accepted (board determines acceptance) for actual research and writing time of a published article or book published during the biennial period.
- Personal Development credits cannot exceed 30 percent of the total hours required for renewal.
- Credit for instruction is limited to 50% of the total credit requirement.
- A licensed municipal public accountant in Kansas shall have completed a 16-hour program of acceptable continuing professional education during each year within the biennial period. At least eight of the 16 hours shall be in the area of municipal accounting or auditing.
- Hours devoted to actual preparation time by an instructor, discussion leader, or speaker for formal programs shall be computed at a maximum of up to twice the number of continuing professional education credits that a participant would be entitled to receive, in addition to the time for presentation. Hours devoted to preparation and served as an instructor shall not exceed, alone or in combination, 50 percent of the total number of continuing education hours required for permit renewal.
- Self-study CPE program providers must be approved by a state society of CPAs, the AICPA, NASBA’s National Registry of CPE Sponsor’s, or NASBA’s Quality Assurance Services (QAS).
- Half credits are acceptable after the first hour of credit is earned.
Kansas Board of Accountancy
Landon State Office Building
900 SW Jackson, Suite 556
Topeka, KS 66612-1239