Check Your State Board CPA Licensing Requirements
Georgia CPA CPE
Please note: The CPE Information provided in this section relates to CPAs only.
[Return to state selection]
12/31 of odd-numbered years
12/31 biennially in odd-numbered years
80, with a minimum of 20 per year.
16 of the 80 hours must be obtained in Accounting & Auditing subjects.
- Authorship credits are limited to 25 percent of total hours required in any 2-year period unless specifically approved by the Board.
- Portions of meetings devoted to administration and firm matters cannot be included for CPE credit.
- Academic credit limited to the following: 1 quarter hour equals 10 CPE hours; 1 semester hour equals 15 CPE hours; non-credit courses earn 1 CPE hour for each hour of class attendance.
- Self study credit must be Interactive.
- Half credits are allowed after the first hour.
- There is no limit on the number of self-study CPE hours.
- No programs are pre-approved by the Board.
- The Georgia State Board of Accountancy does accept, but does not limit itself to NASBA’s National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
- The Board accepts credit hours from other providers that meet the requirements set forth in the Board rules.
Georgia State Board of Accountancy
200 Piedmont Avenue, Suite 1604 West Tower
Atlanta, GA 30334