Check Your State Board CPA Licensing Requirements
District of Columbia CPA CPE
Please note: The CPE Information provided in this section relates to CPAs only.
[Return to state selection]
12/31 of even years.
1/1 to 12/31 biennially
80 hours, minimum 40 per year
4 hours of Professional Ethics per licensing cycle as part of the continuing professional education requirement.
- Credit for preparation of publications is limited to 25 percent. In exceptional circumstances, an applicant may request additional credit by submitting the publication to the Board with an explanation of the circumstances which justify a greater credit. The amount of credit awarded for a given publication shall be determined by the Board.
- Credit for Instruction is limited to 50% of the total required credits.
- Credit for Committee/Firm Meetings is limited to 25% of the total required credits.
- Academic credit limited to the following: 1 quarter hour equals 10 CPE hours; 1 semester hour equals 15 CPE hours.
- Half credits are allowed after the first hour.
The Board shall only approve programs from organizations that are EXEMPT (AICPA, NASBA, State Accounting Boards, Professional Firms, Colleges and Universities, Greater Washington Society of CPAs and any other state society) OR courses from providers that are members of NASBA’s National Registry of CPE Sponsors or that are QAS approved.
District of Columbia Board of Accountancy
1100 4th Street, SW
Fifth Floor, E500
Washington, DC 20002