Check Your State Board CPA Licensing Requirements
Connecticut CPA CPE
Please note: The CPE Information provided in this section relates to CPAs only.
[Return to state selection]
7/1 - 6/30 annually. CPEs are gathered starting July 1st through June 30th to be reported by December 31st in order to renew.
4 hours every 3 years in a course which covers ethical behavior and the understanding of State and National code of Conduct, Professional Conduct and State Licensing Regulations.
8 hours in the subject area of attest or compilation services required by any individual licensee who performs or is responsible for supervising attest or compilation services or who signs or authorizes another person to sign reports on financial statements on behalf of the firm.
The maximum credit for instructors is 20 hours.
- The maximum credit for instructors is 20 hours.
- The maximum credit for published articles and books is 10 hours. Credit for authoring published material is determined by the Board.
- Self-study must be interactive.
- Academic Credit:
(A) Graduate-level credit courses: (i) Fifteen (15) hours for each credit hour of a semester course; (ii) Twelve (12) hours for each credit hour of a trimester course; (iii) Ten (10) hours for each credit hour of a quarter course.(B) Undergraduate-level credit course: (i) Seven and one-half (7 1/2) hours for each credit hour of a semester course; (ii) Six hours for each credit hour of a trimester course; (iii) Five (5) hours for each credit hour of a quarter course.Non-credit courses: credit shall be allowed provided the course meets the CPE standards.
- Connecticut does not pre approve/approve courses.
- The individual CPA is responsible for determining whether the CPE meets the guidelines set forth in the CT CPE regulations.
- Partial credit in any increment is accepted once the first hour of CPE has been earned.
Connecticut State Board of Accountancy
30 Trinity Street
Hartford, CT 06106