Check Your State Board CPA Licensing Requirements
Arkansas CPA CPE
Please note: The CPE Information provided in this section relates to CPAs only.
[Return to state selection]
Accepted. MasterCPE is a NASBA provider. Sponsor number: 112530
1/1 to 12/31 annually
120 hours within 36 months or 40 hours within 12 months immediately preceding January 1 of the year for which the license is renewed.
4 hours every three years. 1 hour on state laws is required, and the 1 hour course may be taken free from the Board’s website.
Beginning January 1, 2020 (CPE taken for the 2021 license year and beyond), licensees engaged in the practice of public accounting shall complete at least 40% of the required hours in the subject areas of accounting, accounting ethics, attest, or taxation. Licensees not engaged in the practice of public accounting shall complete at least 20% of the required hours in the subject areas of accounting, accounting ethics, attest, or taxation.
- Self-study credits shall not exceed 80 percent of the total CPE hours required.
- Half hour credits are allowed after first hour of credit.
Program sponsors must be members of NASBA’s or the Board’s QAS Registry, or fall into one of the following categories for automatic approval:
- AICPA and other national/state CPA professional organizations/associations
- Accredited universities or colleges
- Firms, both accounting and industrial offering in-firm education programs
- Governmental entities
Arkansas State Board of Public Accountancy
101 East Capitol, Suite 450
Little Rock, AR 72201