||Last business day of birth month biennially, odd or even year based on birth year
||Biennial ending on the last working day of the birth month and an odd or even-numbered year based on the license expiration date
||80 total hours, including the following requirements:
- 40 hours must be technical with at least 16 hours in Accounting/Auditing/Tax
- 16 hours in live classroom/group webinar hours
- 4 hours ethics
||4 hours of Board-approved ethics during the two-year period immediately preceding registration renewal. The 4-hour requirement shall include a minimum of 1 hour of each of the following:
- Ethics related to the practice of accounting including the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Professional Code of Conduct.
- Board statutes and administrative rules.
||A minimum of 40 hours must be in accounting, auditing, taxation, business law, or consulting services of which a minimum of 16 hours must be in the subject areas of accounting, auditing, or taxation.
- Credit should be given for whole class hours only.
- Board does not pre-approve courses.
- Ethics program taught or developed by employer or coworker does not qualify for ethics requirement.
- A registrant shall complete a minimum of 50 percent of the required hours in the
subject areas of accounting, auditing, taxation, business law, or consulting
services with a minimum of 16 hours in the subject areas of accounting, auditing,
- "Consulting services" includes management advisory services, litigation support services, valuation services and other services that require the use of technical skills, education, observation, experience and knowledge to develop an analytical approach to process and to present findings, conclusions or recommendations.
- Introductory computer classes have a maximum of 20 hours and no repetitions are allowed. These course qualify as Consulting Services.
- The maximum credit for instructors is 40 hours, limited to one presentation of seminar/course with no credit for repetitions.
- The maximum credit for published articles/books is 20 hours.
- Teaching and writing combined should not exceed 40 credits.
Arizona State Board of Accountancy
100 N. 15th Avenue, Suite 165
Phoenix, AZ 85007