||Our courses are accepted by the NJ State Board because MasterCPE is a NASBA provider with sponsor number 112530. However, New Jersey CPAs must find a different provider for the ethics course.
||1/1 to 12/31 triennially
||120 hours, with a minimum of 20 hours per year.
||4 hours every 3 years. All applicants shall complete four credit hours of the required 120 credit hours in the New Jersey law and ethics course set forth in N.J.A.C. 13:29-6.3A. Effective 1/1/09, new licensees must take a board approved, 4 hour ethics course on New Jersey law and ethics within 6 months of licensure. Note: MasterCPE does not have an ethics course for New Jersey because the course must be a live course.
- A minimum of 24 Accounting & Auditing credits for those in the practice of public accountancy.
- A minimum of 72 technical hours - subjects include; accounting, auditing, business law, computer science, economics, finance, management advisory services, mathematics, statistics, SEC Practice, taxation and professional ethics and any of the above may be in specialized industries.
- Other courses may be acceptable if the licensee can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Board that each subject or specific program contributes to the maintenance of the licensee's professional competence.
- Practice development and marketing courses are not acceptable.
- For the triennial period January 1, 2015 - December 31, 2017 and triennials beyond, there is no longer a "didactic instruction" requirement.
- Non--technical credits are a limited credit area.
- Practice Review is limited to 50% of total hours.
- University or college courses: Credit Courses - each semester hour equals 15 CPE hours; each quarter hour equals 10 CPE hours; Non Credit Courses - each classroom hour equals 50 minutes credit.
- Providers for self-study events must be NASBA approved.
- College/University events shall only receive credit for subject areas that are categorized as Technical.
- NJ requires providers to be registered with the Board and will accept providers that are members of NASBA's National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
- Providers offering ethics courses must register with the Board.
New Jersey State Board of Accountancy
124 Halsey Street, 6th Floor
PO Box 45000
Newark, NJ 07101