This mini-course describes and compares sole proprietorships, partnerships, limited liability companies, "C" corporations and "S" corporations. It examines their advantages and disadvantages, permitting the participant to properly select the right business entity for their tax and liability needs.
Delivery Method: Online Self Study
Advanced Preparation: None
Policies: Click here
Field of Study: Taxes
Passing Score: 70%
For More Detail:
1. Cite the central differences among business entities and the ad-vantages and disadvantages associated with basic business entity types.
2. Recognize the tax attributes sole proprietorships, partnerships, LLCs, S corporations and C corporations and how each entity can be used to enhance tax and financial purposes and objectives.
3. Specify the unique (e.g., self employment) and general taxes applicable to particular entities and the tax forms that may be required.
4. Identify the basic deductions that are permissible for each entity type and the conditions under which they are allowed.
5. Determine the tax years, accounting methods and valuation methods that each entity type may use, and how the entities can be terminated.
6. Specify for different entity types the basis and the tax effect of sales, exchanges, transfers, contributions and distributions.
For More Objectives:
CPA: Suitable for all CPAs
IRS: Enrolled Agents Program Number 263UK-T-00119-14-S