This course covers what everything business people and managers need to know about accounting and finance. It is directed toward the businessperson who must have financial and accounting knowledge but has not had formal training in finance or accounting-perhaps a newly promoted middle manager or a marketing manager of a small company who must know some basic finance concepts. The entrepreneur or sole proprietor also needs this knowledge; he or she may have brilliant product ideas, but not the slightest idea about financing. The goal of the course is to provide a working knowledge of the fundamentals of finance and accounting that can be applied, regardless of the firm size, in the real world. It gives nonfinancial managers the understanding they need to function effectively with their colleagues in finance.
Delivery Method: Online Interactive Self-Study
Advanced Preparation: None
Policies: Click here
Category: Accounting and Auditing
Field of Study:
Passing Score: 70%
For More Detail:
Chapters 1-3 Essentials of Accounting and Finance, Types of cost data and cost analysis, and Contribution Analysis
1. Discuss the non-financial manager's concern with finance
2. Explain the scope and role of finance.
3. Articulate and detail the importance of finance.
4. List and define the responsibilities of financial managers.
5. Distinguish between accounting and finance.
6. Characterize and identify the financial and operating environments.
7. Discuss the importance of cost data.
8. List and describe the types of costs.
9. Describe other cost concepts used for planning, control, and decision making.
10. Explain the concept of cost behavior.
11. Outline how to segregate fixed cost and variable cost.
12. Discuss and detail cost allocation.
13. Outline and compute the factors in cost analysis.
14. Explain contribution analysis.
15. Describe how to price a special order.
16. Detail how to determine a bid price.
17. Explain how to determine profit from year to year.
18. Discuss the utilization of limited capacity.
For More Objectives:
CPA: Suitable for all CPAs
IRS: Enrolled Agents Program Number